Hydra Publications’ main imprint is currently open for submissions, especially LitRPG submissions. If your submission is LitRPG, please say so in the subject line.
- The manuscript must be 70,000 words or longer (we would like LitRPG to be closer to 100,000)
- Speculative fiction genres are all desired and include thriller, horror, fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, dystopian, and all reasonable sub-genres thereof. See below for LitRPG guidelines.
- Please submit a query letter to HydraSubmissions@gmail.com in the body of your email.
- Your query letter should include “Acquisitions” in the subject line of the email and be no more than 500 words including a brief synopsis of the manuscript, a brief overview of the author, and a history of other publications from the author.
- Please submit the first 3,000 words of your manuscript in the body of your email, double spaced. Please do not send any Dropbox or Google Drive links and NO ATTACHMENTS.
- Hydra Publications is interested in first rights publishing. We do not want to review any manuscripts of works that have been previously published in any format.
- Manuscripts are not expected to have been professionally edited, but the sample is expected to be relatively free of errors in order to showcase the author’s absolute best writing.
- If a full read of the manuscript is requested, you will be notified via email within 5 weeks. If you do not hear back regarding your manuscript within that time frame, feel free to send another email to inquire as to your status.
Hydra is actively seeking LitRPG of any type! If you have a LitRPG submission, please include your sub-genre in the subject line of your email to get access to immediate consideration. Subtypes include VR, no logout, sci-fi, fantasy, thriller, dungeon core, harem, crunchy, light, moba, portal fantasy, town builder, and LitFPS, among others.
Send all inquiries to HydraSubmissions@gmail.com